Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Thanks to the Golf Gods

So, I went golfing this morning... I walked the course for the first time in my life, and I think that I may have been converted. Getting up at 7:30AM to go golfing wasn't really my favorite, but the added exercise of walking the course was actually quite pleasant.

AND, it was a gorgeous morning. I wish that I had taken my digital camera so that I could have included a picture with this post. But alas, it was cloudy when I left my room at 8:00AM, and I did not have the foresight that the situation required. How was I to know that the clouds were going to clear and yield one of the most beautiful fall days that I've ever seen?

I suppose you'll just have to rely on my abilities to describe: imagine rolling hills and trees, trees that have just begun to change their leaves, gently rolling out of the horizon like waves of yellow and red. And image the last remnants of clouds, grey against the blue, drifting close to the trees like flattened sails who have lost their ships. Imagine green grass, wet from all the rain and bright from the slanted morning light. And sun, imagine lots of sun.

I'd get up at 7:30 again if it meant this.

No comments: