Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fall/Winter/Fall Comes to Edinboro



Okay, so about three weeks ago, it was still summer, shorts weather. And it was still "summer" as the leaves started to change. Yesterday, it was in the 60s here... Today: it is 41* (feels like 34 according to weather.com) and we're getting snow flurries. Welcome to life near Lake Erie.

My 3D professor paid me a huge compliment today. Not only did I receive my second 'A' of the class for my gesture piece (pictured here), but he said that he really wanted to see me in one of his sculpture classes next semester because he thinks I'm really good at this. Warm and fuzzy may be an accurate description of how I felt. Pompous may be another word, but we'll see. I just have to keep reminding myself not to get too cocky, that's when stinky art starts to happen.

You're just going to have to take my word for it that my piece is a little bit more impressive in person. The spaces that the blocks create are of course in three-dimensions, and pictures just flatten everything out. Plus, scale is difficult to see in these pictures as well.

But anyway, I am so pleased that I'm doing so well in this class... at the beginning of the semester, my teacher said that he rarely gives out A's, and here I am with two already. AND, not only the grades, but a man who I would describe as brutally honest and in your face about whether or not a piece is working, thinks that I'm good at this. Now you see why I have to protect myself from being pompous. I'm just really excited about the whole situation.

And that's the story with that... Chimera is jurying the art work for the magazine this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing some amazing pieces. And other than that, no news, but much love, JB.

No comments: