Thursday, October 26, 2006

2D: grid-based design




This is an assignment that I turned in before the collages but I didn't have enough time to take pictures of it before I turned it in, so, it appears here instead of in chronology. Sorry.

For this assignment each student chose an object, drew that object, and then worked up a grid-based design based on the drawings. This piece was really complicated, had many parts before the final drawing, and I'm not sure that even my teacher knew exactly what he was asking for because he did not do a very good job of explaining it. Suffice it to say that I think this was the most difficult assignment of the semester thus far. However, this is what I came up with... and I never want to do anything like this again. I hated this assignment and was glad to be done with it even though I like the final result.

No comments: