Monday, October 09, 2006

First Friday in Mt. Lebanon






So, I went home last weekend and was in a craft fair... it was only a slight success for me. I was on a part of the street where I was the only vendor, and it was a little bit chilly, so I think that kept some people away. The reason there were no other vendors is because First Friday (so named because it is a fair that occurs on the first Friday of every month, June-October) happens because businesses on Washington Rd sponsor craftspeople and clubs to have tables on the sidewalk outside their storefronts. I think that, again, the weather was a contributing factor, but also since it was the last fair in the series, a lot of the vendors might have been deterred. Oh well.

I had a good time, and got a lot of compliments. I simply wish I had gotten some more business along with those compliments. But hey, as you can see, my table looked beautiful.

I also included some pictures of a few pieces that I created this summer. The first is a simple multi-stranded necklace made of peridot and green pearls with a fancy frog box clasp. Very fun and kickin' (still for sale:). And the second piece is a handmade pendant on black silk cord. I got the idea for this piece out of one of my jewelry magazine... actually, I got the idea for the technique out of the magazine, but the design is entirely original. The exterior tree shape is made of Precious Medal Clay (fired, now 99% silver) and the interior "sky" is made of polymer clay... of the pieces that I've made, it's one that I like the best so far.

AND, when I went home, the fam and I went to Trax Farm for the fall essentials... good times, I have so many good things to eat in my room right now that it's not even funny: apple cider, homemade apple pie (courtesy of Mutti, this has to be the best pie she's ever made:), homemade fudge from Trax, Kalochie cookies from Trax (a seasonal favorite), AND (this is really the best part) homemade kettle corn (made in an actual copper kettle right in front of your face (perfect)). I know you're jealous, try to contain yourself.

I also came back with a small pumpkin for myself. Also nice. I had a great time at Trax with the fam... we went to the Apple Cafe and had lunch. I had hot apple cider and a corn dog, Matt had a corn dog and his customary apple cider slush, and Mutti had a funnel cake. I tried to get a picture of Matt actually eating his corn dog, but he got mad at me, so that didn't happen.

And that's all there is to say about the weekend, I had a wonderful time.

No comments: