Thursday, March 05, 2009

Epona Reborn? (not exactly)

Well, I got 8 brilliant minutes today... 8 brilliant, shinning, dressage-like minutes out of 55. Believe me when I tell you this: it is a decided improvement over my rides from earlier in the week.

Monday was just a nightmare (pun intended). Promise was acting like a complete dunce and actually fell while she was on the lunge-line. She was in full tack, she broke my quarter-sheet... she lost her balance, her legs went out from under her, and she was on her side. All I really had to say about that was "holy shit," and I have witnesses, that's what I actually said.

Anyway, she was fine, it didn't even slow her down... she jumped right up and kept on bucking. I mean, she's 20 for cripes-sake! Some days I just wish she would act her age. Really.

No comments: