Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Road to Paradise, part II

Well, we're here :)

There is no greater feeling than crossing the causeway, no greater feeling than waking up on my island.

Plus there's the religious experience of the approach... it was strange this year because we've never driven before, but seeing the island after two days of driving... it filled me with quiet inspiration and awe and excitement and joy.

But more to the point: the "road to paradise" in this case is Summerlin, the road that leads to the causeway. In my mind, it is the best road in the U.S. In fact, I love this road so much that I've already decided that if one day I find myself the owner of a horse barn, that barn will be christened Summerlin Stables. Nice name, don't you think? I think so too... a worthy name for a worthy dream.

And I think that's why I love Sanibel so very much... it's the stuff of rest and dreams, the place where all things seem possible.

No comments: