Friday, May 04, 2007

Ben and Jerry's for Dinner

This is a tradition that I started last semester, where on the last day of classes, I have Ben and Jerry's for dinner. And you know, considering my affinity for ice cream and my long history with higher education, I'm surprised that I didn't come up with this tradition sooner. I mean, I'm good all semester: I think, I study, I create: I work hard. So, I feel like I deserve (for just one evening) to be bad... because that's what this tradition is all about: indulgence.

Plus, the idea of ice cream for dinner will give me just the boost that I need to make it through finals week. I'm in the home stretch.

And as for the flavor... Last semester I had "Everything But The..." and right now, I'm feeling the "Cherry Garcia" vibe. But you know me, I'll probably stand in front of the ice cream case, weighing my options for about 15 minutes and then choose something completely different.

All I can really say is this: I've been awaiting (patiently) this occasion for weeks.

2 comments:

Matt Butterfield said...

Have you tried Americone dream yet? it's Stephen Colbert's flavor. I haven't had it yet but I'm curious. Anywho, I enjoy my tradition of watching the Big Lebowski once a day during finals week. It works.

Jenny B said...

No, I haven't tried Americone Dream... but I didn't see it at the store either. So sad :( But I really enjoy your tradition :) Good luck with everything.