Saturday, August 26, 2006

We are like Kokosing


Well, I've been at Edinboro for about eight hours now... and already I'm feeling a little bit homesick for Kenyon.

All the doors are locked here; I must take my keys everywhere I go. I suppose that Kenyon has spoiled me as far as the rest of my life is concerned; locked doors are the norm. But how was I supposed to know that? Just kidding, I did know, but coming here has made me realize more than ever that there is only one Kenyon.

All the buildings here are square and of brick. No more stone, no more gargoyles, no more turrets or arches or towers, oh my. There is no Middle Path. There is no Old Kenyon. There are trees, but there is no hill, and get this, the campus is not surrounded by corn fields. What gives? I mean really, what happened to "curiously rural"? Oh well, Old Kenyon Farewell.

However, I really should try not to sound so down in the mouth. I must confess that I haven't gone exploring yet... that is one of tomorrow's activities. AND, did I tell anyone that Edinboro has a Butterfield Hall? Weird coincidence, I actually have a class in there this semester. I have no idea if that Butterfield is related to me or not. Probably not, I'd like to think that I would know about an entire hall named after my family.

But enough for now. More to follow once I've done some exploring. I wish you all good nights and sweet dreams.

No comments: